Our mission is to provide behavioral health, residential services, and primary health care coordination for marginalized and disenfranchised women, men, youth, and children living in the District of Columbia, many of whom are coping with challenges including mental illness, addiction, and the aftermath of trauma and abuse.
Together, Community Connections is changing lives, we invite you to join us.
Initially focusing on recovery from mental and behavioral health problems, Community Connections grew during the nineties to help consumers cope with addictions, find housing, and recover from the impacts of trauma and violent victimization.
Community Connections' Values:
- Quality: We deliver quality in all that we do.
- Innovation: We are constantly innovating as we strive to be leaders in our field.
- Respect: We treat all consumers and staff with respect and dignity.
- Equity: We reward quality work equitably for all employees.
- Integrity: We behave with integrity, acting always, and only, in accordance with our care values.
Community Connections Believes:
- Black Lives Matter
- People and systems can change and grow
- Relationships are important vehicles for growth
- People have the right to ask for what they need
- People deserve dignity and respect
- Treatment should be delivered in the most efficient manor for as long as necessary
- Our work matters and there is hope for the future